Whitetail spiders spawn from monster spawners in the Forbidden Forest.
They drop 1 string when killed. They also have a 1⁄3 chance to drop a Acromantula venom.
Whitetail spiders inherit most of their behavior from Acromantulas:
- Neutral under daylight or in light levels of 9 or above, otherwise they are hostile. However, once they become hostile, light does not affect them.
- Can climb walls when needed.
- Attack by leaping at their targeted entity.
- Are unaffected by cobwebs.
- Weak against magic wands with Arania Exumai spell.
However, they have some distinctions from Acromantulas:
- Can fit through a space that is one block wide and ½ block tall.
- Can go through the spaces between two different types of (unconnected) fences.
Whitetail spiders inflict Poison I upon attacking. The poison lasts for 7 seconds and can cause up to 4 damage.